Recipe: Grain-free Summer Blistered Tomato, Asparagus + Goat Cheese Quiche
This might just be the easiest quiche crust you ever make. It takes five minutes, it's super customizable- and it's gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free to boot. I've used it for savory and sweet (swap a tbsp of oil for maple syrup or honey, leave out the herbs and cut the salt in half) and it's a delicious addition to any pot luck or just your weekly meal prep.
You could swap out the veggies depending on the season, but I happen to love the late Spring/early Summer combination of tomatoes and asparagus. Enjoy- and don't forget to share with me on Facebook if you make it!
Blistered Tomato, Asparagus + Goat Cheese Quiche
2.5 cups blanched almond flour (more
1/2 tsp sea salt
2-3 tbsp olive oil or melted butter
(more as needed)
pinch garlic powder (optional)
2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp butter
1 cup asparagus, sliced into thin 1/2" slices
8 eggs, whisked
2 tbsp heavy cream
2 tsp fresh thyme, picked
sea salt and black pepper
2 oz (about 1/4 cup crumbled) goat cheese
1. To prepare crust: Preheat oven to 325. Grease a tart or pie
pan well with oil or butter (oil will prevent sticking)
2. Whisk almond flour with sea salt and set aside.
3. Whisk together eggs and 2 tbsp olive oil.
4. Create a well in the center of the flour mixture, and pour in
5. Whisk, starting from center, until mixture becomes sticky and
starts to come together. Switch to using your hands until mixture
is a pliable ball.
6. Sprinkle a firm surface with a little bit of almond flour. Roll out
ball to a thick disk. Place disk in center of tart pan and use fingers
to press out and up onto sides.
7. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before filling.