My latest baking obsession has been cassava flour! I love the chewy texture it produces and the neutral flavor it lends to almost any ingredient you add to it. Plus: it's naturally gluten-free (made from the cassava root) and nut-free, which makes these perfect as a school snack or lunchbox addition. These cranberry orange cassava muffins are a hit, in our house!
As perfect as these are year round, I am definitely going to be making them again before citrus is fully out of season!
Cranberry Orange Cassava Muffins Makes 12 muffins Print Recipe
1 1/2 cups cassava flour
1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon 3 eggs 1/3 cup apple sauce
1/3 cup almond milk
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup orange juice 2 tsp orange zest 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners (or use silicone).
2. Whisk together cassava flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon.
3. In a separate, larger bowl, whisk eggs, applesauce, almond milk, honey, orange juice and orange zest.
3. Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet (do not over-mix). Stir in cranberries.
4. Bake muffins for 28-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.