Valentine's Recipe: Brownie Batter Balls with homemade chocolate magic shell drizzle
Happy Valentines weekend! I know it's often thought of as a Hallmark holiday, but I love any excuse to eat chocolate and celebrate the people I love. 🥰
So this weekend, I'm making a batch of these brownie batter balls- I've been making these since all the way back in my personal chef days, but I kicked it up a notch with some magic shell, this year! The best part? They're EASY and made of ingredients you might already have at home.
They make the perfect afternoon snack with a cup of coffee, or a little sweet treat. Enjoy!
Brownie Batter Balls (delicious on their own, or with optional chocolate drizzle!):
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup pitted medjool dates (the big, soft kind!)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch sea salt
Option: make them Mexican chocolate by adding a pinch of cayenne and a pinch of cinnamon.
1. Combine walnuts and dates in the bowl of a food processor.
2. Blend until mostly combined.
3. Add in cocoa powder, vanilla and salt and blend until combined.
Place in fridge for 20 minutes or freezer for 10 to firm up (and cool before drizzling with chocolate sauce).
Natural 'magic shell' chocolate:
3 tbsp coconut oil (the kind that hardens when it's cool)
4 tbsp (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
1 tbsp maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
Optional: flaky salt to top
1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until liquid, whisking well.
2. Let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly and drizzle or dip balls in chocolate.
3. Place in fridge or freezer to firm up chocolate. Store in fridge and enjoy!