Recipe: Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
One of my favorite food prep items is muffins! They're perfect as part of a quick breakfast, a mid-morning snack with some coffee or as an afternoon pick me up between lunch and dinner.
I created these for the sample meal plan with my Healthy Mama Meal Planner and I can't get over how simple and delicious they are.
They're naturally gluten-free, made with almond flour, and they're packed with poppyseeds for an extra dash of nutrients (and flavor).
Benefits of poppyseeds: 1. High in fiber (2g for 1 tbsp)
2. High in iron -- blood and brain booster
3. High in zinc- beneficial for immune and bone health
4. High in magesium- a co-factor in over 300 mechanisms in the body
Bonus: the kids love them!
Make them: Lemon Poppyseed Muffins Makes 12
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 eggs, whisked 1/3 cup melted coconut oil 1/3 cup honey 2 tsp vanilla extract
dry: 2 tbsp poppyseeds 1 1/2 cup almond flour 2 tbsp tapioca starch 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325. Grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, whisk all wet ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients, making sure to remove any clumps.
4. Slowly whisk wet into dry. Scoop about 1/4 cup (1/2-3/4) into muffin tins.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25-28 minutes, until edges are starting to brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
#mealplan #mealprep #mealpreprecipe #reipeformoms #kidfriendly #kidfriendlyrecipe #muffinrecipe #glutenfree #grainfree #glutenfreemuffin #grainfreemuffin #lemonpoppyseedmuffinrecipe #glutenfreelemonpoppyseedmuffinrecipe